Monday, August 12, 2019

Weekly Finds!

I almost always go to Goodwill and Dollar Tree on Sundays.  I think most Dollar Trees get their shipments on Saturdays, so I find that this is the best day to find new items and full shelves.


At Dollar Tree, I was able to find these boxes of Duncan Hines Perfect for 1 brownie 10-packs, normally over $5, and these one-pound bags of Salt 84 Himalayan pink salt, normally they sell for $3.50 apiece on Amazon.
I also found cans of Progresso organic tomato-basil soup.  This was a great find as it is my favorite kind of tomato soup.  In a pinch, I also used it as a substitute for sauce on last night's homemade meatball pizza!



Having three daughters, we are always on the lookout for cheap and easy skincare products.  When it first came out, we used the Micellar Water by Simple Skincare, since I was able to find sales and coupons often.  Without a coupon, the Micellar Water is normally between $6-7 dollars, pretty expensive.  However, this week Dollar Tree had 8 oz bottles of their own brand of the Micellar Water, with comparable ingredients, both original and sensitive.  I picked up all they had in stock, along with a couple of packages of the cotton rounds.

It was a good day for shoe shopping at Goodwill yesterday.  My youngest is nearly eight, and is definitely my fashionista!  Unfortunately for her, she normally gets a lot of hand-me-downs, and her older sisters aren't nearly as fashion-forward as she is.  Shoes are her love, but I have a hard time justifying the cost for anything other than sneakers when she has no one to pass them down to.

She was so tickled with herself yesterday!  She came up to me with a pair of the cute wedge hightops from Target, a pair that look similar to Chucks (she's been wanting a pair like her older sister), and her best find, a pair of black leather slip-ons by Steve Madden that normally retail for $50.  Altogether, she was able to find three styles of shoes she had been wanting for $11.25.



The Chuck lookalikes were new with tags, the Steve Maddens had nothing more than some smudges on the soles, but the wedge hightops did have a scuff on the toe.  What I have found works well, also on those tall boots that girls love to wear, is nail polish.  We use the shiny finish for patent leather and the matte for things like tennis shoe material.  The nail polish not only covers the scuff but provides a bit of a seal to keep the scuff from becoming bigger.

What great deals did you find?

Nichole

3 comments:

  1. I use a marker on scuffs and marks. Good deals!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi,
      I use the marker on my shoes, the kids are rougher on their's so it helps that the polish keeps it from spreading. 😊

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness, what a GREAT find on the Micellar Water by Simple Skincare at the Dollar Tree! You must have been thrilled. How neat that your youngest daughter was able to find three pair of shoes for herself at Goodwill. That is wonderful and so much savings. Way to go.

    ReplyDelete