Thursday, August 22, 2019

Goodwill and Staying Hydrated

I hate sweeping this house!  We have two dogs, two cats, and we live in a place called the "sandhills".  I never knew such a place existed, or what it was like until I moved here.  You know what it's like?!?  It's like living at the beach, without the ocean.  It's like living in the desert with 500% humidity.  There is sand EVERYWHERE!  Sorry about that... sometimes I let my frustration get the better of me.

Anyway, we were at Goodwill the other day, and my husband surprised me with the best find ever!  A robot vacuum!  Unfortunately, it was not the super pricey one shown on the box (they had put their old vac in the box they got their new vac in) and it didn't have it's remote, but it did work, it was only $30 ($129 new) and was able to operate on a couple of settings using the buttons on the base.
It does take a bit longer to do the job than I expect it normally would as I am not able to set any new patterns without the remote, but for my purpose, it works and it's a great help when it comes to keeping sand and pet hair off my floors.




A friend of mine posted about this on Instagram the other day, and after a week of using this app, I just wanted to post my own review for those who may need some help staying on track with their water intake.


Plant Nanny is an app that I have found works great to help me keep track of my water intake, especially during these hot summer months.  Not only is Plant Nanny helpful, but it's fun too!  You start out by inputting your weight and your activity level, and it will tell you what your water goal is.  You then choose a cute little plant, like this Devil's Ivy, to grow.  Each time you drink a glass of water, you hold down the blue button to give your plant a drink as well.  Once your plant is fully grown you can move it to your greenhouse and start again.  Remember, if you forget to drink water, your plant goes thirsty too!

Nichole

No comments:

Post a Comment